All coaches, whether working inside or outside of the corporate world, need greater skill to help clients connect with their own compassion to lead happier and more productive lives. The challenge for coaches is how we connect with our own self compassion in order to model the way with our clients.
You will learn:
• How our brains are wired for compassion;
• Why it’s so hard to be self-compassionate;
• How Mindfulness and Resilience Building fits into Compassion;
• Why too much empathy can cause problems for Coaches;
• Compassion and the Business World- It’s not all pink and fluffy!
By the End of the Session you will:
• Know the three requirements for Compassion;
• Have examined 3 helpful questions to self-supervise on Compassion;
• Have learnt some techniques for generating Compassion in coaching clients.
Julia Menaul, has been running her own practice, Spark Coaching and Training, since 2001. Julia is an Accredited Professional Executive Coach (Association for Coaching) and Regional Organiser in North West England for the Association of Coaching Supervisors.
She coaches senior and middle managers and their teams across all sectors, as befits her eclectic background after working in a number of industries over the past 25 years. She also runs coach skills training for managers and leaders.
Julia’s psychology degree and interest in behavioural change led to her discovering her passion for people development. A Chartered Fellow of the CIPD, she was Training and Development Manager within areas as diverse as retail, a charity, electronics and the criminal justice system.
Coach supervising since 2006 and supervising Supervisors since 2010, Julia is one of the few supervisors to have coaching supervision qualifications from the two leading providers in the UK. She supervises many independent coaches (1 -1 and group), as well as internal coaches in larger organisations such as the NHS and the Prison Service.
This workshop is eligible for CPD and a certificate will be emailed to you after the event.