The AC believes in making its website as accessible as possible for all users, regardless of the technology they are using.
- The entire screen can be zoomed for greater legibility.
- We ensure that there is a reasonable foreground and background colour contrast.
- We use a clear font type.
- We have ‘Alt’ tags as descriptive text alternatives.
- We provide user-friendly and consistent site navigation.
- We have created links that are text based and if they are not, tags will be added which will be read by a screen reader.
- We ensure that application forms are in text and can be read by the screen reader.
- We provide a sitemap.
- We provide help in using the site
- We use an external service for making payments and the payment form will take you to an external, secure payment site.
This website has been designed to operate on a wide range of browsers and operating systems. The website has been tested on the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer (IE) v7.0 and above
- Firefox v3 and above
- Safari v4 and above
- Google Chrome v4 and above
Navigating the AC Website
The website has been designed to be as user-friendly as possible and the style of navigation is consistent throughout the site. The main navigation is across the top of the site, with drop down menus and supporting side navigation. Clicking on any of the items either on the drop down menu or the side navigation will take you to whichever area you would like to visit. All our links change colour and text is underscored as you hover over them.
We have produced a number of video clips on the site, to provide our members and community with an opportunity to watch and listen to ideas from thought leaders. Video clips are provided in Flash and you need Flash version 8.0 or above in order to view them. Download free Flash Player. W will be adding to these constantly and in the future will adding captions for individuals with hearing impairment.
Data Protection Guidelines – explain how we handle your personal data.
We want you to enjoy your experience on the website and will do our best to solve any problems that may arise. We would welcome any constructive feedback and if you have any difficulties in using the site, please contact us.