About this event:
Leaders and executives often seek coaching because they feel ‘stuck’. For example, the level below them aren’t ‘stepping up’, the level above are ‘over controlling’ and won’t let go of the reins, they cannot get the promotion they think they deserve or they experience conflict with a colleague.
These issues and more like them, can be understood through the lens of Bernd Schmid’s role model which opens out a richer and often systemic perspective on issues.
We occupy roles in all the arenas of our lives – personal, professional and organisational – and usually wear several hats in each! Roles are not just a ‘title’ or job description, they are a “coherent system of attitudes, feelings, behaviours, perspectives on reality, and accompanying relationships” (Schmid 2008). People's uniqueness is expressed in the way they experience and live their respective roles. Very often stresses and tensions can be traced back to how roles are understood or enacted.
What you will learn:
· Bernd Schmid’s role model,
· How role contamination and role confusion can cause disharmony and result in poor performance,
· How this theory can add light to issues presented by your clients or to an arena in your own life.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
· Describe the concept of roles,
· Use the role model to facilitate a different kind of conversation,
· Gain some insight into potential role conflict presented by a client or from your own life,
· Have some thoughts about how you would incorporate the model as part of your practice as a coach.
Vanessa Williams studied Transactional Analysis in both the psychotherapy and organisational fields and sits the final stages of the Certified Transactional Analysis exam (Organisational) in July 2018.
She formed the Williams Partnership in 2006 and specialises in developing leaders and teams through coaching, facilitation and learning solutions. She loves working collaboratively with clients in designing and delivering solutions that make a sustainable difference and raising awareness to the aspects of organisations that have an unhelpful effect on individual and group performance.
Vanessa started her career in HR and became HR Director before joining a consultancy firm where she was a consulting partner until starting her own business.
Attendance qualifies for CPD and a certificate will be emailed to you post-event
We look forward to seeing you there!