In this session we will work with the three fundamental Gestalt principles of awareness: phenomenology, dialogic existentialism, and wholism. Sound like a mouthful? It’s very simple - working with what’s evident, what’s easy to get hold of, what’s at the surface. We will discuss, experiment and consider how this simple approach fits into our practice.
About this event:
Raising awareness is a core aspect of coaching practice. So, whether you’re aware of it or not – you are probably using some techniques already.
Did you know, for example:
- The practice of Gestalt therapy forms the underpinnings of many NLP techniques and ideas?
- The relationship – what happens between the coach and the coachee - integral to working through a Gestalt lens?
- Skilled practice requires full presence – developed through many techniques that we know of as mindfulness and the concept of self-as-instrument?
In this event, Alison's aim is to increase your awareness about what resources you have at your fingertips by working with the three fundamental Gestalt principles.
Bring your full-self, be prepared to be open, challenged and co-create a great learning event.
By the end of this session, you will:
- Have a greater awareness of Gestalt
- Experimented with the Gestalt principles
- Considered how this might have benefit for your practice, and
- Create some ways to apply in your work immediately
Dr Alison Whybrow is an experienced facilitator and coach, focused on building individual contribution and organizational excellence. Working across sectors for global and local brands, Alison has a breadth of practice and brings theoretical depth. She is a Chartered and Registered Psychologist and an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society. Alison co-founded the Special Group in Coaching Psychology, has written books and journal articles and speaks nationally and internationally.
Working independently, Alison has the privilege of working with a range of fabulous colleagues and brands in the coaching world. She is curious as to how coaching, and principles of dialogue can support the transition to a more sustainable human-earth relationship .
Attendance qualifies for CPD and a Certificate will be emailed to you after the event. We look forward to seeing you there!