About this Event:
Explore how the empirically proven principles of ecotherapy can be applied in a coaching context. This is highly topical given that the lockdown experience has deepened many individuals’ sense of connection with the natural world, plus there are parallels between taking clients outdoors and coaching virtually. This interactive virtual event will be of interest to the following coaches:
- Those with an established practice of outdoor coaching or an intention to offer this once any current lockdown constraints are eased.
- Those interested in enriching and deepening their virtual practice – for their clients and themselves as coach - by integrating nature as a dynamic co-partner in the moment.
- Those keen to learn more about the finetuning of contracting and holding clients generally in a virtual space, drawing on the parallels with ecotherapy where there is no physical container to provide psychological safety.
This event will model psychological safety with participants invited to co-create a shared, intimate container in breakout rooms for experiential inquiry practice.
Please bring along at least one object, image or recording from the natural world which means something to you personally e.g. a shell, pebble, flower, leaf, birdsong.
Learning you will take away from this Virtual Event:
- An understanding of why nature is such a powerful gift for coaches through an introduction to ecotherapy theory.
- What is different about coaching outdoors and how to prepare – it is so much more than ‘walking and talking’!
- How to assess when/if it is appropriate to take a client outdoors.
- A model for creating psychological safety – whether outdoors or virtually.
- Specific tools for attuning to the outdoors as a mirror to the inner landscape, for deepening somatic awareness and accelerating emotional processing – both in you and your clients.
Catherine Gorham MAC, EMCC Accredited Coach – Senior Practitioner – and Supervisor; FCIPD
Catherine is an experienced leadership and mental health coach and supervisor, specialising in psychological safety. She also provides leadership development consultancy and mediation services to organisations. She has an independent practice with face-to-face clients in the South East of England and works virtually with clients globally, including in German. Until recently she spent 5 years as Master Coach for a social work charity, holding a supervision space for 20+ coaches to bring their best in support of newly qualified social workers - a system rich with complexity and vulnerability.
Catherine has always loved the outdoors and, after integrating specialist ecotherapy training into her coaching and supervision practice, she received the Most Outstanding Leadership Coach UK Award in 2017. She is passionate about sharing her learning with others which has included delivering a unique masterclass on Nature as Dynamic Co-Partner in a lighthouse!
Price and Special Offers
As with all AC continuous professional development events, the fees are offered at a very good value, with an extra special price for AC members.
AC member: £25 + VAT.
Non AC member: £40+ VAT
Attendance qualifies for CPD and a certificate will be emailed to you post-event.
Not a Member of the AC yet? Please click on here to find out more.
If you are not a member of the AC and/or not currently on our mailing list, by registering for this event you are agreeing to be added to our mailing list. You can opt out of receiving communications from the AC at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.