Tatiana Bachkirova, Professor at Oxford Brookes University
A series of 3 online seminars: 60-minute interactive webinars.
Recordings, slides and other resources will be available to all registered.
2 June: Why adult development theories are used so little
9 June: Developmental mechanisms in coaching
16 June: Coaching clients by their developmental stage
Members: £85 + VAT
Non-Members including 1-year AC Associate membership: £135 + VAT**
** This offer applies only to those who wish to become AC members.
It cannot be used towards the renewal of current AC membership.
If you are not a member of the AC and/or not currently on our mailing list, by registering for this event you are agreeing to be added to our mailing list. You can opt out of receiving communications from the AC at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
Developmental coaching is a partnership between client and coach, it addresses the current needs of the client with a view to increasing his/her overall capacity to engage with life challenges and create a better platform for further growth.
This webinar series is aimed at Coaches wanting to learn a developmental approach to add to their coaching toolkit.
With Tatiana’s leadership and expertise, you will have the opportunity to stretch yourself as a coach by engaging with the main ideas of adult development in a coaching context and experiment with what it means in practice.
In this webinar series you will learn:
- How to make your approach to coaching more flexible and fit for the diverse needs of clients according to the developmental theory of coaching
- How to recognise the three different stages of development in your clients without using complex and expensive instruments
- How to experiment with specific coaching interventions depending on your client’s stage of development
Topics and schedule for the webinar series
**Live webinars will take place at 13.00 BST on the above-mentioned dates.
Webinar 1: Why adult development theories are so valuable but used so little?
- The value a developmental approach can add to your coaching
- What are the obstacles
- Identifying developmental stages of coaching clients without psychometric instruments
Webinar 2: What are important developmental mechanisms and how can we use them in coaching?
- Enhancing the quality of perception
- Working with the multiplicity of self
- Working with the ‘elephant’ (unconscious, automatic, emotional mind and body)
Webinar 3: How coaching of clients can be adjusted according to their developmental stage?
- How to adapt developmental mechanisms to fit strategies of working with clients at different stages
- How our developmental needs may be better met in supervision and other learning opportunities
Recordings and slides will be made available to all registered participants.
Participants are invited to read Chapter 4 from the main text of Tatiana's book: Developmental Coaching: Working with the Self, a link will be provided within your booking confirmation.
Following each webinar participants will have access to the session recording, slides, and other resources. Tatiana will be sharing references, reading list and book chapters.
Tatiana Bachkirova is Professor of Coaching Psychology and Director of the International Centre for Coaching and Mentoring Studies at Oxford Brookes University, UK.
As an academic she is known for supervising a large number of PhD students. As a practitioner, she supervises many coaches and developing new supervisors through the internationally renowned programme of Advanced Study in Coaching Supervision.
As an active researcher she has published many research articles, book chapters and books, including The Complete Handbook of Coaching (2010 and 2014), Coaching and Mentoring Supervision: Theory and Practice (2011), Developmental Coaching: Working with the Self (2011) and The SAGE Handbook of Coaching (2017).
Price and special offers
As with all AC continuous professional development events, the fees are offered at a very good value, with an extra special price for AC members.
AC member: Your investment for the entire series is only £85 + VAT.
Non-AC member: Pay £135 + VAT and you get access to the full series and ONE YEAR Associate Membership with the Association for Coaching immediately.
This price includes:
- 3 x 60-minute interactive virtual seminar with Prof. Tatiana Bachkirova
- Pre and post resources to explore the concepts and apply your learning
- Recordings of the series and slides for your library
- A Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Certificate at the end of the series
- One-year Associate Membership with the Association for Coaching (if you are not already a member)
For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com