Why do we need to be accredited?
This is a question that I’m often asked!
AC Accreditation indicates to buyers of Coaching and related services that an individual or organization has been assessed as working within a robust Coaching Competency Framework, adheres to The Global Code of Ethics for Coaches, Mentors and Supervisors and operates in line with the standards of the accreditation awarded.
As an Individual Accredited Coach with the AC it:
• gives you an opportunity to reflect deeply on your coaching practice as you work through your application and offers a unique opportunity to gain additional value from your Supervisor through sharing elements of your application with them
• proves that you approach your work as a professional – maintaining the required level of continuous professional development, reflective practice and supervision for your level of experience and accredited status
• demonstrates that you work within the AC Coaching Competency Framework and have been assessed against specific indicators, benchmarked against peers in the field
• means that you adhere to the Global Code of Ethics for Coaches, Mentors and Supervisors – and your clients understand this when you contract with them
• shows that you champion standards of excellence within the coaching profession
• increases your level of confidence as you benchmark yourself against the AC Coaching Competency Framework
• evidences that not only are you a member of a professional coaching body, but that you actually do what it says on the tin!
For your clients this means that they:
• have increased confidence in your level of skills and expertise as a Coach
• can make an informed decision based on factual evidence of your competence in working within a tried and tested framework
• understand that because you are a member of a Professional Body and adhere to the Global Code of Ethics for Coaches, Mentors and Supervisors they can be confident that you have demonstrated experience of working with individuals (and/or teams and groups) in a coaching environment
• know you have undergone training to further enhance and develop your skills
• can be confident that, should anything go awry, you are supported by your membership body and there is a complaints procedure in place
If you are an individual who wants to find out more about how you can become accredited with the AC, please visit the events page on the AC website to find out details about the Accreditation Webinars.
If you are an Organization who wants to find out more about Coach Training Accreditation, please e-mail email@example.com
I can still remember the thrill I experienced when my first client asked me, not if I was accredited, but who I was accredited with! So, if you’ve been thinking about becoming accredited, don’t delay – contact us now!
Jeannette Marshall AC Director of Accreditation